Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Did It!

I actually started to cut my fabric!
I was quite worried about cutting into my fabric. For months I have just been staring at the pretty pile of fat quarters, and now I finally found a project that sounds great for these prints. Of course I have yet to see if it will really look good, and not just overly busy...

I cut all of the block-pieces. I still have to find some backing fabric, and figure out what to use for the sashing.

I started sewing Block A. It went well, until I got to the 'squaring my blocks' part. I have a new sewing machine with a 1/4 " foot, and I am not used to it yet. My seam allowance was a bit larger than 1/4" so my blocks turned out to small
I took my seam ripper to all 6 blocks, and re-did them with the proper seam allowance.
I did Block B as well, and some of these turned out just a tiny bit to small as well. I really have to watch this. And work on getting used to a different foot.
But I am having fun, and I am not expecting a perfect quilt out of it!

2 comments:

  1. They look great Annette! The sashing will tone the busyness down and for your backing (and binding) you could used some more of your fat quarters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I suppose I could do that! It's so fun :)
    Thanks for the introduction to quilting...

    ReplyDelete