The quilt is coming along, finally. I have half of it quilted, and hope to have it completely quilted by the middle of this week, and maybe even have the binding on by the end of this week.
I needed a break though!
I really wanted to make something quick and simple, so I ended up making a Sweet Little Dress (which I have made probably more than 300 times by now, so it doesn't take me very long anymore!).
I have this thing though with diapers showing under dresses. For some reason I just can't get myself to put a dress on my daughter without covering up the diaper (unless it is a cloth diaper, because they don't look like a diaper, they just look cute!).
So I decided to make some bloomers. I used a pattern from Amy Butler's 'Little Stitches for Little Ones'. It was really easy to make these. I did pre-press the hems and the elastic casings (before I do any sewing), as I find it comes together much easier and faster when I do this.
I made the dress size 6-9 months, and it was a little big, and the bloomers were 6-9 months as well, and they are on the small side. They fit fine, I'm just not sure if they'll still fit fine next week ;) Next time I think I will go up a size.
It came together in one evening, and it was a lot of fun. I just love this fabric!!